Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (subclass 188c)
Significant Investor Stream Summary
This provisional visa is for people who invest at least AUD$5 million in Australian investments that meet certain requirements and maintain investment activity in Australia.
· carry out investment activity in Australia
· stay in Australia for up to 5 years
· bring eligible members of your family with you
· apply for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Significant Investor stream if certain requirements are met
You must make (on or after the time of application for this visa), a complying significant investment of at least AUD 5 million when you are invited to, and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for the life of your provisional visa. It must be invested in the following proportions:
· at least AUD 1 million in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies
· at least AUD 1.5 million in approved managed funds. The managed funds must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
· a ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD2.5 million in managed funds
The managed funds can invest in a range of assets, including companies listed on the Australian stock exchange, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate.
Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited. Indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is strictly limited.
You must not use investments as security or collateral for a loan.