Temporary Graduate Work Visa (Subclass 485）
The 485 visa is for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution, or have completed at least two years of study in Australia but have not met the requirements for permanent residency. It lets you live, work and study in Australia temporarily. With this visa, students can travel freely in and out of the country and can work, study, travel, or complete a professional year in Australia. It also allows sufficient time for graduates who wish to immigrate to Australia to prepare and meet the immigration score.
There are two streams for this visa:
Post-Study Work Stream (PSW)
This stream is available to international students who have completed a bachelor's degree or higher in Australia and allows them to apply for a graduate work visa for at least two years. The length of the visa is between 2-4 years.
Graduate Work Stream (GW)
This stream is available to international students who have completed a Certificate or Diploma course in Australia and have passed the skills assessment. They can apply for a graduate work visa for a maximum of 18 months.
For all 485 visas, international students with a Hong Kong passport may apply for a work visa for up to five years.
Applicants require the following documents:
· Passport certification
· Passport photos (taken within the last six months)
· Birth certificate
· Proof of English language proficiency (any of the following):
o IELTS score
o OET score
o PTE score
· Academic transcript and completion letter for Australian qualifications.
· Skills assessment proof (only required for Graduate Work stream applicants)
· Police clearance certificates from China and Australia (required for applicants over 16 years of age).
· Proof of marriage relationship, marriage certificate, or de facto relationship (if you are in a de facto relationship, a joint rental contract, joint bank account, declaration of the relationship's development, and form 888 should be prepared).
· Australian police clearance certificate: Applicants are not required to have obtained the Australian police clearance certificate (AFP) results at the time of applying for the 485 visa, but they must have submitted an AFP application and attached the reference number. Note: The most common mistake regarding police clearance certificates is that applicants have not selected the correct AFP type. Remember that the code for the application type is 33. If the wrong code is selected, the application may be refused due to an incorrect AFP type.
· Health Insurance: Applicants must purchase the correct health insurance (OVHC). The most common mistake is that applicants purchase student health insurance (OSHC), which is not the same as health insurance for 485 visas.
Health Examinations for Temporary Visa Applicants in Australia: Book online at http://www.bupamvs.com.au.
Main applicant fee: AUD$1,535